Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My New Skin





Luke 5:36-39

[36] He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. [37] And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. [38] No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. [39] And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.' "


I woke up this morning with this scripture spinning in my spirit this rings true for so many people in the body of Christ including myself.This is why so many never grow spiritually past a certain point in their walk with God. I am someone who fears change and it really unnerves me to change my routine. BUT with God we are all going from glory to glory. Unfortunately a lot do not move past their seat in the church refusing to grow and stay comfortable in the 2nd seat on the 5th row.

Holy Spirit is constantly pouring out new wine into each of us some are getting fuller and fuller while some are bursting and losing all their wine and become bitter and blame everyone else because they are not growing God takes us out of our comfort zone to stretch us but we prefer to stay in the old because we are comfortable here and feel safe.My cry to God is "WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING DO NOT DO IT WITHOUT ME" It is  new season with new anointing, new ministry new doors and new possibilities! I encourage everyone change your skin I promise it will look good on you...If any man woman tries to contain you in the old that is  good indication that it is time to move on GO WITH GOD!! and get some new wine..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debra! I think I needed you to remind me that new wine skins are not something to fear. Like you said, I might even look good in it!

    I love your spirit of self worth and awareness...I want to be like that too. As long as I am with God, I should not be afraid.

    Great post! Time to feel not-so-safe and get out and try to be more like God wants me to be.

    Happy Friday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and God will meet us right where we are He is my closest friend Have a blessed weekend

      Delete

 The days are evil so we must dress appropriately in other words dress for success.