Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

IT Will Cost Everything

Luke 14:25-35 (NIV)

The Cost of Discipleship or Being A Disciple

Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.


“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, ‘This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.’

“Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out. “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

 Wow that says it all right from the mouth of the Master.. Early in my walk with the Lord while one day just going about cleaning my house my Bible lay on  a chair and all during the morning I was just drawn  to go read it and after picking it up these words just illuminated and jumped off the page at me Lovest thou me? It pierced me to my core I cried for days it broke my heart.

So many are not willing to count the cost to follow him things of this world have their attention. That is why the Bible says Many are called but a few are chosen.. They can't lay down their lives in Christendom you hear all the time Oh how I love Jesus I am called to be a preacher etc.. But the moment they re tried and asked by the Lord to lay it all down (houses cars lands all they own) Pick up your cross and follow HIM then they walk away because things of this world means more than bearing the cross of Christ. They will definitely make it to heaven providing they are saved but will never be mightily used by God in ministry.. God should be first in life regardless what is this life compared to eternity?

Count the cost!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 The days are evil so we must dress appropriately in other words dress for success.