Translate

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

For Our Good






The best way to stay focused when we re facing trials or times of testing or in  season of waiting on the Lord is to remember all the past victories that HE brought us through. As I laid down last night to sleep I was remembering a  time in my late husbands life that God brought  such an amazing victory in his life.

My husband was a hard worker and put his all into his job sometimes to much and did it right and to the book..On a particular job he had he had been on the job for over 14 years and he was transferred to another city to work we sold our home and moved to this city. He had been on this job for about  year when I noticed that he was always down when he came home and quite moody.

And he would dread to go to work so one afternoon he came in mad as a hornet stating he was going to quit the job he had enough I was in the dark to what was happening so we talked about it and his supervisor was just riding him to no end always finding fault with his work and he would get him in front of the other employees and just belittle my husband and he would rather just quit than to get fired. My suggestion was let God fight your battle so we prayed about it and he decided to stick it out and just see what the Lord would do.

I wrote this scripture on a piece of paper and everyday while driving to work he would confess it

Isaiah 54:17
 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.


He spent  couple of months confessing and believing while this man just got worse and worse against my husband  and one day my husband was called into the BIG guys office the regional manger over North Carolina. My husband called and was in such  panic telling me he would be fired he was sure of it..So he went into the meeting and the first thing the man said was do you know why you are here? My husband said he thought so and waited for the gavel to fall  BUT GOD!!

 Romans 8:28
 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.


The manger told my husband that he had in fact called him to his office to fire him by recommendation of his supervisor  and then he went on to say but about an hour ago the General manger of Duke Energy came by to talk about YOU because it had gotten to him about all the bad things the man was saying about my husband he knew my husband was a christian and the best worker he had seen in  long time. So my husband ws not fired for what the devil meant for harm God turned it for his good. When one person is coming against us telling lies God always has someone telling the truth.

It was later learned and the police were involved my husbands supervisor who was trying so hard to prove my husband bad he was caught embezzling money and equipment from the company and most likely trying to set my husband up for it  BUT MY GOD IS ABLE!! He was fired put in jail AND my husband got his job more money a corner office his own truck and gas allowance. God turned it all for his good!!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful!! - you trusted in God to handle things - it's against His nature to do otherwise and He has a perfect track record. I wish everyone would have an experience that proves to them that God is 100% trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra! Wow! What a story...and how close your husband came to giving up too. How beautiful that you both thought to talk and pray and speak over the situation with Scripture.

    Praise God that your husband did not get any blame whatsoever, but everything came to the good for him who loves God! Amen!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

 The days are evil so we must dress appropriately in other words dress for success.